Today, in this post, you are going to learn interesting and useful English idioms with Hindi meaning; I hope that you are ready to learn all idioms with hindi meaning and start speaking English fluently with confidence.
You know that English proverbs play very important role in spoken English because we can express the whole paragraph in only ane line as proverb.
If you want your English get smart, start learning english idioms with meaning in hindi (English idioms) with Hindi meaning from A to z by reading this article.
When you learned all the given idioms meaning in hindi with examples; you can use it in your daily use English speaking sentences;
it makes your English sentences very attractive and impressive for listeners. Let’s start learning top 1000 English idioms with Hindi meaning.
- Have a dominating or controlling position – एक हावी या नियंत्रित स्थिति है : Hold the whip hand. So long as we rely on them for money, they hold the whip hand.
- Spend time idly or pleasantly – समय को सहजता से या आनंदपूर्वक व्यतीत करें : To while away. In that pleasant weather we while away the hours in the garden.
- Loss and damage resulting from use – उपयोग से होने वाला नुकसान और क्षति : wear and tear. The guarantee covers accidental damage but not ordinary wear and tear.
Learn All English Idioms With Hindi Meaning For English Speaking Practice
You can improve your spoken English by reading all English idioms with Hindi meaning that are mentioned in this post; Learn and use in your own daily use English sentences.
- Leave room for a successor or substitute – एक उत्तराधिकारी या स्थानापन्न के लिए कमरा छोड़ दें : Make way for somebody. It’s time he retired and made way for some younger professor.
- Advance in life by one’s own efforts – स्वयं के प्रयासों से जीवन में उन्नति : Make one’s own way. His parents don’t have much money so he will just have to make his own way in the world.
- In difficulty – कठिनाई में : In deep water. We are going to be in deep water if the bank refuses to authorize a bigger loan.
- Show the problem and disadvantages of something – किसी चीज की समस्या और नुकसान दिखाना : Pour cold water on something. Former Prime Minister of England poured cold water on the idea of a central European bank.
- Misunderstanding somebody – किसी को गलत समझना : Get somebody wrong. I think you got him wrong.
- Understand that you are in a dangerous situation and that something unpleasant is likely to happen to you – यह समझें कि आप एक खतरनाक स्थिति में हैं और आपके साथ कुछ अप्रिय होने की संभावना है : The writing is on the wall. The businessmen who failed to read the writing on the wall lost a lot of money.
- Routine, mundane, not newsworthy – नियमित, सांसारिक, नया नहीं है : Nothing to write home about. I have had a pretty tough time in office this week, but it’s been routine stuff mostly with nothing very special to write home about.
- Be very obvious – बहुत स्पष्ट हो : Be writ large. Anger was writ large on the demonstrators’ faces.
- Read some more interesting and useful English idioms with Hindi meaning for English speaking practice
- Secret – गुप्त : Keep something under wraps. The identify of the buyer is still under wraps.
- Something that you say in order to tell somebody what you will do if a situation becomes very difficult or serious – कुछ ऐसा जो आप किसी को बताने के लिए कहें कि अगर कोई स्थिति बहुत कठिन या गंभीर हो जाए तो आप क्या करेंगे : If the worst comes to the worst. If the worst came to the worst, we will sell our house to raise extra cash.
- One has the ability and the freedom to do anything or go anywhere – किसी के पास कुछ भी करने या कहीं भी जाने की क्षमता और स्वतंत्रता है : The world is your oyster. You are young and healthy and you have got no commitments, so the world is your oyster.
- Work in a very minimal way, usually as a result of an industrial dispute – एक औद्योगिक विवाद के परिणामस्वरूप, बहुत कम से कम तरीके से काम करें : Work to rule. The polishers are working to rule in protest at the decision to close more diamond polishing units.
- Something that you say when you are going to give somebody some advice – कुछ ऐसा जो आप तब कहते हैं जब आप किसी को कुछ सलाह देने जा रहे हों : A word to the wise. A word to the wise – don’t walk down that street after dark, because it’s not safe
- Hear some information from other people and not from the redio or television or from reading newspaper – अन्य लोगों से कुछ जानकारी सुनें और रेडियो या टेलीविजन या समाचार पत्र पढ़ने से नहीं : By word of mouth. I think she heard about the job by word of mouth.
- Let’s read some new and useful English idioms with Hindi meaning for spoken English practice.
- Believe that something is true because somebody tells you it is, without making sure that it really is true – यकीन मानिए कि कुछ सच है क्योंकि कोई आपको बताता है, यह सुनिश्चित किए बिना कि यह वास्तव में सच है : Take somebody’s word for it. If you say you have checked the genuineness of the bills, I will take your word for it.
Read Some More Idioms In English With Hindi Meaning
Now you will learn latest English idioms with Hindi meaning; by learning all idioms in hindi with meaning and examples, you speak English very fluently, because all the given idioms and phrases will boost your English speaking word power.
- If somebody’s word is law, everyone must obey them – यदि किसी का वचन कानून है, तो सभी को उनका पालन करना चाहिए : Somebody’s word is law. There is no use questioning any of his rules – his word is law around here.
- A person who does not speak much; also, a person of action rather than words – एक व्यक्ति जो अधिक नहीं बोलता है; भी, शब्दों के बजाय कार्रवाई का एक व्यक्ति : A man of few words. A man of few words, he hardly seemed like a successful lawyer.
- Keep on reading all English idioms with Hindi meaning for improving your English speaking communication skills.
- Something that you say when you want your luck or a good situation to continue – कुछ ऐसा जो आप तब कहते हैं जब आप अपनी किस्मत या एक अच्छी स्थिति को जारी रखना चाहते हैं : Touch wood. It’s been fine all week and, touch wood, it would stay fine for the weekend.
- Continue to have difficulties although a situation has improved – कठिनाइयों को जारी रखें हालांकि एक स्थिति में सुधार हुआ है : Not out of the woods. Financially, things are looking distinctly more hopeful, but we are not out of the woods yet.
- Have a wonderful effect – एक अद्भुत प्रभाव है : Work wonders. Extra water in the diet is generally beneficial to the health and it works wonders for the skin.
- English idioms with Hindi meaning help you to start speaking good English with confidence.
- Someone or something that causes interest or excitement for a short period but is then quickly forgotten – किसी को या कुछ ऐसी चीज जो छोटी अवधि के लिए ब्याज या उत्तेजना का कारण बनती है लेकिन फिर जल्दी भूल जाती है : A nine days’ wonder. His music was derided by an old generation convinced that he was a nine days’ wonder.
- Dangerous person disguised as a harmless one – हानिरहित व्यक्ति के रूप में खतरनाक व्यक्ति : A wolf in sheep’s clothing. My next boss, on the surface very warm and charming, proved to be something of a wolf in sheep’s clothing.
- Cause somebody to be in a situation where they are criticized strongly or treated badly and to not try to protect them – किसी को ऐसी स्थिति में होने के कारण जहां उनकी कड़ी आलोचना की जाती है या उनके साथ बुरा व्यवहार किया जाता है और उनकी रक्षा करने की कोशिश नहीं की जाती है : Throw somebody to the wolves. Instead of getting any support from the police, they threw me to the wolves.
- Use all English idioms with Hindi meaning in your daily use English sentences.
- Make somebody very frightened – किसी को बहुत भयभीत करो : Scare somebody out of one’s wits. Don’t shout like that – you scared me out of my wits!
- Be very worried or upset because one has tried every possible way to solve a problem but can not do it – बहुत चिंतित या परेशान हों क्योंकि किसी ने किसी समस्या को हल करने के लिए हर संभव कोशिश की है लेकिन ऐसा नहीं कर सकता है : Be at one’s wits’ end. It’s a serious problem, and she’s at her with end to know how she can resolve it.
- Make a fresh start; another chance after wiping out old offenses or debts – एक नई शुरुआत करें; पुराने अपराधों या ऋणों को मिटा देने के बाद एक और मौका : Wipe the slate clean. His boss assured him that the matter was finished and he could start with a clean slate.
- Defeat somebody easily – किसी को आसानी से हराना : Wipe the floor with somebody. She is really good at debates; she will wipe the floor with them.
- Very speedily – बहुत तेजी से : As quick as a wink. Quick as a wink, he snatched the book and ran out of the room.
- Now you will learn some interesting and useful English idioms with Hindi meaning for speaking good English.
Learn Latest And Useful Muhavare In English With Examples
Let’s learn some more interesting and important English idioms with Hindi meaning to improve English speaking easily
- Into one’s care – किसी की देखभाल में : Under one’s wing. He has been suffering badly from culture shock and homesickness, so we have taken him under our wing for a few months to help him to settle down in this country.
- Be ready to be used or employed instead of somebody or something else – किसी और या किसी चीज़ के बजाय इस्तेमाल या नियोजित होने के लिए तैयार रहें : Waiting in the wings : The rumour is that he will be sacked and his younger brother is waiting in the wings to take over as the new manager.
- Old ideas in new format – नए प्रारूप में पुराने विचार : Old wine in new bottle. The government’s new land policy is old wine in new bottle.
- Some more useful English idioms with Hindi meaning are given below for English speaking practice.
- Hamper or stop one, put one at a disadvantage – एक को रोकने या रोकने, एक नुकसान में डाल दिया : Take the wind out of somebody sails.
- Disappeared, gone forever – गायब हो गया, हमेशा के लिए चला गया : Gone with the wind. With these unforeseen expenses, our profits are gone with the wind.
- Hear a piece of information that somebody else was trying to keep secret – जानकारी का एक टुकड़ा सुनें जो किसी और को गुप्त रखने की कोशिश कर रहा था : Get wind of something. I don’t want my boss to get wind of the fact that I am leaving so I am not telling many people.
- Learn Some More English idioms with Hindi meaning for spoken English.
- A futile search or pursuit – एक निरर्थक खोज या खोज : A wild goose chase. The police team gave a wild goose chase to catch the thieves.
If you learned all English idioms with Hindi meaning; you can use all these idioms and phrases in your daily use English speaking sentences. All English idioms are very important and useful for English learners.