The Civil Services Examination, commonly known as the UPSC exam, it is very popular competitive examination in India, with very high prestige attached to it. It is organised by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) to appoint candidates for different jobs in the civil services, such as the IAS, IPS, IFS etc.
The UPSC exam is known for its tough syllabus and requires extensive preparation to crack. This is the reason many of the civil services aspirants go for IAS Best coaching in Delhi. One of the key resources that UPSC aspirants often turn to is the NCERT textbooks.
Here, we will analysis the importance of NCERT books in UPSC exam preparation.
NCERT (National Council of Educational Research and Training) is an autonomous organization under the Ministry of Education, Government of India. It is responsible for developing and publishing textbooks for students from Classes I to XII, across various subjects.
NCERT textbooks are widely used in schools across India, and are known for their high-quality content and language that is simple to comprehend. They are also considered as the best resources for UPSC exam preparation.
Here are some reasons why NCERT books are important for UPSC exam preparation:
1. Covers the basics: UPSC exam syllabus is too large and covers a vast range of subjects, including geography, polity, economics, history, science and technology, and environment. NCERT textbooks cover the basics of these subjects in a concise and easy to comprehend manner.
The textbooks are designed to help students develop a strong foundation in these subjects, this plays an important role in clearing the UPSC exam. You can find several IAS coaching institutes providing NCERT course online and offline mode.
2. Simple and lucid language: The language used in NCERT textbooks is simple and easy to understand. The textbooks are written in a manner that is accessible to all students, regardless of their background or proficiency in the subject.
This makes them an ideal resource for UPSC aspirants who may not have a strong academic background in some of the subjects covered in the exam.
3. Relevant content: NCERT textbooks are known for their relevant and up-to-date content. These books are regularly revised to so that they are in sync with relevant current developments and changes in the subjects they cover.
This is important for UPSC aspirants as the exam requires them to have a thorough understanding of current affairs and developments in various fields.
4. Credible source of information: The NCERT textbooks are authored by subject experts and are reviewed by a panel of experts before publication. This ensures that the content is accurate, reliable and credible.
UPSC aspirants can rely on the NCERT textbooks for accurate information and can use them to build a strong knowledge base.
5. Cost-effective: One of the biggest advantages of NCERT textbooks is that they are cost-effective. The textbooks are available at an affordable price and are easily accessible.
This makes them a popular choice among UPSC aspirants who may not have the financial resources to invest in expensive study material.
In conclusion, NCERT textbooks are an indispensable resource for UPSC exam preparation. They cover the basics of various subjects and explains them in simple manner, making them accessible to all students.
The textbooks are regularly updated to confirm that they are in sync with the latest developments and changes in the subjects they cover. UPSC aspirants can rely on the NCERT textbooks for accurate and credible information, making them an ideal resource for building a strong knowledge base.
So, if you are an aspiring civil servant, make sure you have the NCERT textbooks as part of your UPSC exam preparation strategy.
Read Next Article – How to get a government job